Nate NeadPrincipal & Managing Member
Nate Nead is an experienced M&A advisor and investment banker who has successfully managed numerous middle-market deals in real estate, software, hardware, digital marketing, agribusiness, consumer products, professional services and oil & gas. An experienced entrepreneur, Nate has founded, operated and exited several digital media, SaaS and software companies, growing them from startup to multi-million dollar market leaders. He brings a wealth of both operational and transactional understanding to the InvestmentBank.com team.
In the last decade Nate has effectuated over 120mm in divestitures for clients, creating exits well above owners’ expectations through strategic sell-side auctions. His sell-side work in oil & gas, business consulting and software & technology has helped to garner valuations as high as 40% above fair market value with EBITDA multiples as high as 14x. Nate’s experience in running broad, strategic auctions has assisted entrepreneurs and long-standing business owners consistently exceed their best expectations.
- Exit Strategy formulation and implementation: Working with business leaderships to develop and evaluate a range of exit options and establish the optimum value realization strategy.
- Value Maximization: Developing a disciplined auction with both strategic and financial buyers, bolstering business value and achieving higher multiples and better overall deal terms.
- Process Development & Management: Helping business leaders develop, manage and improve business processes to realize better operational and revenue efficiencies.
- Growth Strategy: Working with Business Leaders to develop and implement growth strategies, including growth capital procurement with the purpose of building next-stage companies and enhanced overall value.
Nate received his undergraduate degree in Business Entrepreneurship with minors in Chemistry and Biology from Brigham Young University and his MBA in Finance from the University of Washington. He holds his Series 79, 82 and 63 FINRA licenses. Nate resides in Snoqualmie, Washington with his wife and three energetic daughters. Nate is a Pacific Northwest native who loves everything outdoors.
David LopezDirector of Business Development
David is a seasoned M&A advisor and entrepreneur with a successful track-record of getting deals done. His experience encompasses over 10 years of working alongside CEO’s to facilitate corporate finance initiatives that seek to: Maximize Shareholder Value; Establish Synergistic Partnerships; Fundraise Private Capital; Execute Growth Goals; and Pursue Exit Strategies, resulting in excess of $250MM+ of enterprise value created.
Throughout his career David has always looked to be a trusted value-added partner to his client’s by offering: Merger and Acquisition; Capital Fundraising; and Strategic Advisory Services to: Healthcare, Information Technology, Medical Device, Food & Business Service Companies with $10MM – $100MM in revenues.
Prior to his work as an M&A advisor David was founder and managing partner of a multi-modality healthcare startup that involved diagnosing and rehabilitating patients with dizziness and balance disorders as well as providing a full-service audiology and hearing-aid dispensing practice, which he helped grow and eventually exited through the sale of his founder shares.
David has an undergraduate degree in Economics from York University Toronto, is a Certified Mergers & Acquisition Advisor, Licensed Real Estate Agent and lives with his wife in Orange County California where they enjoy hiking, exploring new restaurants, and planning their next foreign trip. David is also passionate about soccer and spends many weekends officiating competitive youth and adult games as a state licensed referee with hopes of progressing to the professional leagues.
Corbin BridgeMBA, Associate
Corbin Bridge developed his skills in financial analysis, marketing, business development and operations while working for startups in the cloud computing, affiliate marketing, real estate and blockchain/cryptocurrency industries. He also gained valuable marketing and big data experience while working for a leading international gaming and entertainment company in Las Vegas, NV.
Prior to joining InvestmentBank.com in 2018, Corbin worked with a media auditing firm to plan and implement a growth via acquisition initiative. He assisted the management in formulating the strategy and led the process of identify and engaging with qualified targets. Corbin’s personal passion lies in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry and he brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- - Initial Coin Offerings: Working with Business Leaders to develop the token economics and marketing strategy for a successful ICO.
- - Sell-Side M&A: Guiding seller’s management team through the sell-side process and negotiating with buyers to achieve optimal results for the seller.
- - Startup Formation and Growth Strategy: Assisting startups with entity formation, business plan development and designing the initial growth strategy including sourcing growth capital.
Corbin received his undergraduate degree in International Business with a minor in Chinese (Mandarin) and his MBA in Finance from the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. Corbin has passed Level III of the HSK and he continues to work on improving his Mandarin. He resides in Las Vegas, NV with his wife and enjoys long runs and cycling as frequently as possible.
Robert BarrecaChief Compliance Officer, Investment Banking
Bob Barreca has over 10 years of comprehensive experience as a CCO for FINRA Member Broker-Dealers that conduct general retail, municipals, options, variable/fixed life insurance, and annuities, alternative investments, private placements, wealth management (IA) business, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Reg D offerings At his previous Broker Dealer Mr. Barreca was instrumental in developing the Firm from a two-person operation to nearly 80 Representatives in 16 offices Mr.Barreca serves as Managing Partner of Bay Harbor Advisors LLC, which provides compliance consulting to small to medium sized broker-dealers and registered investment advisers.
Jeffrey TookeCompliance Advisor
Jeffrey Tooke previous served as CCO-RIA and COO for a previous joint BD/IA firm and continues to serve as Managing Partner of Bay Harbor Advisors LLC which provides compliance consulting to small to medium sized broker-dealers and registered investment advisers. Mr. Tooke also serves as CCO of Four Points Insurance Agency LLC, an affiliated insurance agency of FPCP, and CCO of MHA Financial Corp, an affiliated RIA. Before starting in financial services, Mr. Tooke had an extensive experience in government and politics, most notably working in the NYS Senate and as Chief of Staff of the Buffalo City Comptroller’s Office in which he supervised and managed operations for the $2.5M Department of Audit & Control Leadership Team
Steve PlimptonManaging Director
Since graduating from Harvard in 1997 (cum laude, psychology), Steve has contributed to a variety of commercial and non-profit organizations. He has helped build teams and businesses across a wide range of industries through expert leadership, front-line business development, sales and strategy. Steve has worked in the financial services sector and investment banking Since 2004.
Steve has also had the good fortune to travel extensively (for business and pleasure) and accumulate a range of experiences and skills. For example, he has earned a pilot’s license in Alaska, has gone on safari in Africa, has traveled by canal boat through Burgundy, has earned certificates in bartending and life coaching, has performed two weddings, has played in a professional rock band, has hiked numerous mountain ranges, and bungee-jumped. Most meaningful to Steve is being a husband and a dad of two boys. Steve also serves on the lay leadership (aka vestry) of his church and as a volunteer coach for some his boys’ sports.
- - Founding partner of two successful firms: a merchant bank and a fund manager
- - Worked with founding CEO and shareholders to turn around a tech-enabled investment bank
- - Raised ~$600M for registered and exempt securities from retail and institutional investors; part of teams responsible for raising over $1.2B
- - Served as head of investment banking, head of sales and Chief Compliance Officer
- - Developed strategy and process for a range of financial products and services, including alternative investment fund development and distribution (wholesale and institutional); investment banking (M&A and capital raise); and crowdfunding platform finance
- - Presented at numerous conferences and seminars for both financial professionals and the general public on topics ranging from investing, investment products, sales and compliance
Steve graduated cum laude from Harvard College in psychology. He resides in New Jersey with his wife and two boys.
We are business operators, licensed investment bankers and experienced financial professionals. We acquire digital businesses and their assets as well as assist buyers and sellers in strategic and financial mergers and acquisitions. Check the background of this Broker-Dealer and its registered investment professionals on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
Middle Market Business & Financial Advisory
Nead, LLC is a leading provider of investment banking and investment banking technology services to middle market companies. The nationwide practice services a client base comprised of privately-held firms with revenues of $20 million to $250 million.
Working exclusively with companies in this market size range, the firm has acquired significant expertise in the unique strategic and financial issues these companies face. The firm’s seasoned professionals then leverage this expertise in their hands-on, tailored approach to each client engagement.
The reputation of the firm is built on the integrity, excellence and creativity of its principals and advisory board. The principals of the firm also bring their first hand knowledge from prior experience in operating roles at growing companies which contributes a measure of understanding of the challenges facing management and owners. The team at Nead, LLC draws on their extensive experience, financial contacts, and professional representation skills to successfully structure, negotiate and close transactions which maximize shareholder value.
Without exception, each client benefits from our ability to:
- Create and foster long-term relationships with clients, investors, lenders and buyers
- Locate non-traditional buyers or capital sources
- Structure each transaction individually to meet shareholder’s corporate, personal and financial goals
- Partner with family owned companies
- Provide the highest quality of professional service
Nead & Co. is represented by a network of industry leaders in various sectors who work to provide a targeted, but essential array of services for middle-market business leaders. Our network facilitates the increase of financial wealth and capital through investments in a broad, diversified portfolio of both public and private entities. By increasing individual and business returns, we provide excellent value-adds for our clients.